Saturday 27 October 2012

{cook, eat, chill}

My architect is coming back again tomorrow to see the house in daylight and measure the house so he can start his drawings.  So excited!!  Starting to consider furniture, it's a bit tricker for me as my style is not ultra modern but that is the look I am going for.

[sofas]

My current sofa is the yellow fabric corner sofa which is shown in my blog here, I don't think I would choose a fabric sofa again.  I've had various spills on it (niece / nephew related and also a glass of red wine!) so its beginning to look a bit worse for wear.  I'd go for leather this, much more practical.  Not 100% on the colour it should be.  The kitchen, walls and flooring will most likely be whites and greys.  So opting for a grey sofa would be safe but I don't want the space being too flat.  I think coloured leather can look a bit naff sometimes.

I like this sofa, its a blend of modern and traditional, found on this website but it doesn't look very good for snuggling up on.



I also like the look of this one (the back is adjustable).


I quite like sofas with the inbuilt chaise.  Again from the same website


From boconcept






[feature chair]

A modern feature chair would be nice for in the bay window.  This one is from BoConcept

[dining table]

I am in love with this table which is chunky wood with metal legs for an industrial feel.  It's available from this website in a massive range of sizes and I would go for the grey wash or natural finish.  Chairs to go with this would probably be modern fabric covered as per the photo or possibly white plastic type chairs.





[wall art]

I bought a Future Map (which is still sitting in the tube!) to improve my geography but I will hang it in the study area I think.  It's massive at about 2m by 1m and I fancy getting an acrylic frame for it.  I love the colours of it.



I love the idea of having a painting but I have never really seen any paintings which I love.  I don't own any paintings. I love the look of oil paintings and their depth.

I really like wall stickers and have fancied a grandfather clock one for a while.  Might be a fun contrast against the modern kitchen.  These are from mod livin'



I don't actually eat marmite but I love this from TheFineArtCompany



Heinz related wall art would be cool.  Some of their advertising campaigns are very clever.



I've just discovered the website Bouf and it has so much cool stuff on it.  Def check it out.  Here are some quirky prints which I think are cool (all from Bouf).




I love this vintage book wallpaper from Bouf, might be able to incorporate into the study area.



[the kitchen]

Finally a work colleague gave me some great tips on buying my kitchen and some contacts.  He also shared a photo of his kitchen which is very similar to the sort of thing I want.  It looks brilliant.  I'm hoping my project will turn out as good as this.


No comments:

Post a Comment