Sunday 1 January 2012

getting tweedy

I have just joined Twitter and am really enjoying it so far.  I am of course following LivingEtc and slowly building up my profile with celebs I like!!  You can find me there @the_grey_house

Now that the dining room is almost finished I am trying to find a suitable fabric for making curtains.  I have decided we definitely want a tartan of some description.  I want it to be wooly/tweed type fabric rather than cotton.  While browsing in John Lewis I came across the Moon range of fabrics.  I have since looked online and we have selected a few which I have ordered some samples of.  I want something quite quirky so are leaning towards the final fabric.  Of course remembering that the room is a dark olive green.

Beningborough - Graphite (Moon)

Sandringham - Mandarin


Longleat - Indigo (Moon)

I will reserve judgement until the samples arrive but fingers crossed one of these might be nice.

2 comments:

  1. My preference is the first one, but that would be me playing it safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I like the first one, it was my selection. The other two are a bit out there!! Will see what they are like when samples arrive. I have visions of the last one with an orange feature chair. But it could be gruesome when it arrives so will wait and see!!

    ReplyDelete